Applications Open: WFSA-Baxter Scholarships, 12th SAARC-AA Congress – Colombo, Sri Lanka
Baxter Healthcare Ltd is generously providing sponsorship for a number of young anaesthesiologists from less affluent countries to attend the 12th Congress of SAARC-AA. For more information on the SAARC-AA Congress, please click here.
The WFSA-Baxter Scholarship programme has been developed to identify and develop future leaders in Anaesthesiology. Scholars will acquire new knowledge and gain many contacts and friends during the SAARC-AA Congress. The selected scholars will be invited to join WFSA-Baxter alumni network and will be encouraged to contribute to WFSA activities in the future.
• The applicant must be aged less than 40 years.
• The applicant should be working full time in an Asian country.
• This application is accompanied by two letters of recommendation, one from the applicant's National Anaesthesiology Society and one from their hospital or department and a copy of your passport.
• The applicant must be able to present a poster during the conference.
• Preference will be given to applicants who have completed training within 10 years and are working in teaching hospitals.
The scholarship will cover:
• Return airfares & visa’s if needed
• Transit accommodation (if required)
• Accommodation in Sri Lanka
• Conference registration & a small per diem
• All airfares and transit accommodation (if required) will be booked by WFSA travel consultants. Overland travel costs will be considered if cheaper or more convenient than airfares.
• The successful applicant is responsible for organising and paying for:
o Travel to and from the airport of departure
o Appropriate travel and health insurance
o All other costs, including income taxes or other fees
• The scholar is required to submit a report, no later than one month after the conference. The report should include an outline of conference activities, comments on how the scholar benefited from the conference, how he/she intends to share new knowledge and how this knowledge will improve the practice of anaesthesiology in his/her home country. The report should also include a photo of the scholar with his/her poster.
• The deadline for applications is the 22nd December 2016. In order to apply please use our online application system here to complete an application form and upload your two letters of reccomendation and a copy of your passport.
• Applications will be considered by a panel of anaesthesiologists selected by WFSA, and successful applicants will be informed by mid-Jan 2017.
• Successful applicants must confirm their intention to take up the scholarship within 2 days of notification. Failure to do so will result in the scholarship being offered to the next applicant.