WFSA Fellowship in Paediatric Anaesthesia: Vellore, India
Programme Head: Dr. Ekta Rai
Dept. of Anaesthesia, Christian Medical College Hospital, Vellore, Tamil Nadu, India – 632004
Number of Paediatric Anaesthesia Fellows in Vellore per year: 2
Duration of each fellowship: 6 months
Starting month of each fellowship (if regular): February and August
What training is offered?
Subspecialist training in paediatric anaesthesia including
1. Preanaesthetic assessment
2. Paediatric surgery, orthopaedics, cleft lip and palate, cardiac and neurosurgery including neonates
How is training assessed?
Assessment by observation of all aspects of training.
Are there any specific admission criteria for applicants?
- Should have completed anaesthetic training (in English) in your country and registered with the medical council/ body in your country.
- Can only start work after registration with the Indian Medical Council.
- This training involves handling patients and so you should not have an infectious disease. Christian Medical College Vellore will require you to undergo a medical checkup before you start.
This Fellowship is funded in part by the Society for Paediatric Anaesthesia of New Zealand and Australia (SPANZA)