Applications now open: WFSA 2016 Obstetric Anaesthesia Fellowship in Haifa, Israel
Applications are invited for a fellowship training position in Obstetric Anaesthesia at Rambam Health Care Campus, Haifa, Israel. The expected start date is 1 April 2016 and the duration of the fellowship is 6 months.
Rambam Health Care Campus is a 1,000-bed academic tertiary referral hospital providing comprehensive medical care in all specialities to over 2 million residents in Northern Israel.
The Department of Anaesthesia, Obstetrics and Gynaecology Anaesthesia Unit provides anaestheic care for 5,500 birth annually with 20-25% caesarean sections, and wide variety of gynaeological surgical procedures including robotic operations, an active day case procedures and an in vitro fertilization service. The Unit also operates preanaesthetic clinic, conducts research projects and is highly involved in a teaching program for anaesthesia residents and students.
The fellowship is intended for a qualified anaesthesiologist working in a low resource setting who wishes to develop knowledge and skills in the field of Obstetric Anaesthesia. Priority will be given to applicants from African or Eastern European countries.
Applicants should fit the following criteria:
• Must be supported in their application by their own national anaesthetic society
• Must be supported in their application by the chief / head of their home department
• Must be returning to their home country to a recognized post
• Preference will be given to applicants aged less than 40
• Should be working in a teaching hospital
The fellowship offers funding for tuition costs, accommodation and subsistence living expenses.
For more information, please contact the programme head, Professor Yeshayahu (Shai) Katz email@example.com or visit https://www.rambam.org.il/EnglishSite/Pages/default.aspx
How to apply:
The closing date for applications is 30th November 2015. Successful applicants will be notified before the end of December.
Applicants must complete the Fellowship Application Form and provide all the documents listed at the end of the form:
• Curriculum vitae with one recent photo and the names of two referees
• Letter of recommendation from the applicant's national anaesthetic society (or state chapter for Indian applicants)
• Letter of recommendation from the applicant's head of department or hospital management
• Copy of medical degree
• Copy of specialist anaesthetic qualification
Please send or email the form and documents to Aaliya Ahmed, Programmes Manager, WFSA: firstname.lastname@example.org
If scan/ email facilities are not available, documents can be posted to:
Aaliya Ahmed, Programmes Manager
World Federation of Societies of Anaesthesiologists
21 Portland Place
London W1B 1PY