Applications now open: WFSA 2016 Paediatric Regional Anaesthesia Fellowship in Mumbai, India
Applications are invited for one fellowship position at Children’s Anaesthesia Services, Mumbai, India.
The duration of the fellowship is 6 months and the anticipated start date is 1 May 2016. Children’s Anaesthesia Services (CAS), Mumbai is a group practice which provides paediatric anaesthesia care for a group of hospitals in Mumbai. CAS is run by four directors: Dr Vrushali Ponde (mainly affiliated to Surva Children’s Hospital, Holy Family Hospital, Holy Spirit Hospital and Hinduja Health Care Surgical Hospital), Dr Dilip Chavan (mainly affiliated to Jupitir Hospital and Institute of Paediatric Orthopaedic Surgery), Dr Ankit Desai (affiliated to Astha Hospital and Breach Candy Hospital) and Dr Milan Shah (affiliated to Sushrusha Hopital). Please see www.casmumbai.com for more information. CAS is equipped with the latest technology in terms of anaesthesia machines and monitors. Ultrasound machines and peripheral nerve stimlutors are available for training in regional anaesthesia and venous cannulation.
The fellowships are intended for anaesthesiologists working in low resource settings in Asia or Africa who wish to develop knowledge and skills in the field of paediatric anaesthesia and paediatric regional anaesthesia.
Applicants should fit the following criteria:
• Must be supported in their application by their own national anaesthesiology society
• Must be supported in their application by the chief/head of their home department
• Must be returning to their home country to a recognized post
• Should preferably be working in a teaching hospital
• Preference will be given to younger anaesthesiologists working in Asia or Africa
Fellows will receive a stipend from Children’s Anaesthesia Services to cover accommodation and living expenses.
The WFSA will provide funding to cover the cost of return travel from the fellow's home country to Mumbai, India. The successful applicants will be required to register with the Medical Council of India and obtain medical insurance covering the duration of the fellowship.
For more information, please contact the programme head, Dr Vrushali Ponde email@example.com.
How to apply: The closing date for applications is 16 December 2015. The successful applicant will be notified before 1 February 2016.
Applicants must complete the Fellowship Application Form and provide all the documents listed at the end of the form:
• Curriculum vitae with one recent photo and the names of two referees
• Letter of recommendation from the applicant's national anaesthesiology society
• Letter of recommendation from the applicant's head of department or hospital management
• Copy of medical degree
• Copy of photograph page of passport
• Copy of specialist anaesthetic qualification
Please send or email the form and documents to Aaliya Ahmed, Programme manager, WFSA: firstname.lastname@example.org
If scan/ email facilities are not available, documents can be posted to:
Aaliya Ahmed, Programmes Manager
World Federation of Societies of Anaesthesiologists
21 Portland Place
London W1B 1PY