Applications now open: 2017 WFSA New Delhi Thoracic Anaesthesia Fellowship
Applications are invited for two thoracic anaesthesia fellowship positions at Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, Rajinder Nagar, New Delhi, India.
The anticipated start dates of the fellowship are January and July 2017 and the duration of training will be six months. The main aim of the fellowship is to provide training in thoracic anaesthesia, but there will also be opportunities to get experience in cardiac anaesthesia and cardiothoracic intensive care.
Sir Ganga Ram Hospital is a 675-bedded superspecialty hospital situated in New Delhi, India. It has been running postgraduate training (DNB) in a range of specialties since 1988. The Department of Anaesthesia started its DNB (Anaesthesia) programme in 1991 and five students are enrolled each year. The department also provides specialised training in cardiothoracic anaesthesia, transplant anaesthesia (renal and liver) and pain management.
The fellowship is intended for a young anaesthesiologist working in a low resource setting in Asia or Africa.
Applicants should fit the following criteria:
• Must be supported in their application by their own national anaesthesiology society
• Must be supported in their application by the chief / head of their home department
• Must be returning to their home country to a recognized post
• Should preferably be working in a teaching hospital
The fellow will receive accommodation and a stipend from Sir Ganga Ram Hospital. The WFSA will provide funding to cover the cost of return travel from the fellow's home country to New Delhi, India. The successful applicant will be required to apply for temporary registration with the Medical Council of India during the training period and obtain medical insurance covering the duration of the fellowship.
For more information, please contact the programme head, Professor Jayashree Sood, email@example.com
The closing date for applications is 8th August 2016. Successful applicants will be notified before the end of September 2016.
Applicants must complete the Fellowship Application Form and provide all the documents listed at the end of the form:
• Curriculum vitae with one recent photo and the names of two referees
• Letter of recommendation from the applicant's national anaesthesiology society
• Letter of recommendation from the applicant's head of department or hospital management
• Copy of medical degree
• Copy of specialist anaesthetic qualification
• Copy of photograph page of passport
Please send or email the form and documents to Giselle de Castro, Administrative Officer, WFSA: firstname.lastname@example.org
If scan/ email facilities are not available, documents can be posted to:
Giselle de Castro, Administrative Officer
World Federation of Societies of Anaesthesiologists
21 Portland Place
London W1B 1PY