Applications now open: WFSA Cardiac/Neuroanaesthesia 2017 Fellowship at Cairo University Hospital, Egypt
Applications are invited for a Cardiac and Neuroanaesthesia fellowship training positions at Cairo University Hospital, Egypt.
Cairo University is the oldest university in Egypt, it is the largest medical centre in the Middle East. The university hospital includes 6000 beds, 120 operating rooms and 500 ICU beds.
The duration of the fellowship is 6 months. The start date is expected to be 1 November 2017. The cardiac anaesthesia programme head is Professor Aiman Dessouki and the Neuroanaesthesia programme head is the Assistant Professor Safinaz Osman.
The fellowship is intended for fully qualified anaesthesiologists working in low resource settings who wish to develop knowledge and skills in the field of intensive care medicine. Priority will be given to applicants from African or Middle Eastern countries.
Applicants should fit the following criteria:
- Must be supported in their application by their own national anaesthetic society
- Must be supported in their application by the chief / head of their home department
- Must be returning to their home country to a recognized post
- Should be under 40 years of age
- Should preferably be working in a teaching hospital.
The fellowship offers funding for tuition costs, accommodation and subsistence living expenses.
For more information, please contact Dr Yehia Khater at email@example.com
How to apply:
The deadline for applications is the 30th June 2017. In order to apply please use our online application system here to complete an application form and upload the following documents.
• Curriculum vitae with one recent photo and the names of two referees
• Letter of recommendation from the applicant’s national anaesthesiology society
• Letter of recommendation from the applicant’s head of department or hospital management
• Copy of medical degree
• Copy of specialist anaesthesiology qualification
• Copy of photograph page of Passport
Applications will be considered by a panel of anaesthesiologists selected by WFSA, and successful applicants will be informed before the end of July 2017.
Successful applicants must confirm their intention to take up the scholarship within 2 days of notification. Failure to do so will result in the scholarship being offered to the next applicant.