Applications Open: 2017 WFSA Pain Management Fellowship, South Africa
Deadline for applications: 15th August 2017. Applications are invited for fellowship positions in the Republic of South Africa. The planned start date of the fellowships is 1 October 2017 and the duration of training is 3 months.
The fellowships are intended for African doctors working in low resource settings who wish to develop knowledge and skills in Pain Management and who are willing to share their expertise in their country of origin. The successful candidate must agree to return to his/her country for a minimum period of one year and to contribute to the development of pain services for those in need.
The training consists of clinical rotations in University training centres in South Africa. The fellows will have the opportunity to learn from leading pain clinicians and also observe the clinician-patient interactions in these centres.
Applicants should fit the following criteria:
• Medical doctor registered and in good standing with the regulatory authority in the country where he/she works
• Specialty qualification in Anaesthesiology, Neurology, Internal Medicine or Psychiatry
• Must be supported in their application by department head or hospital management
What the fellowship offers:
• Return economy class airfare to South Africa
• Domestic travel between training centres in South Africa
• Daily stipend to assist with travel and meal requirements
• Accommodation in hospital quarters (or equivalent) for the duration of the fellowship
How to apply:
The deadline for applications is the 15th August 2017. Successful applicants will be notified before the end of September 2017. In order to apply please use our online application system here to complete an application form and upload the following documents.
• Curriculum vitae with 1 recent photo and the names and contact details of two referees
• Copy of medical doctor qualification
• Copy of speciality qualification (either Anaesthesiology, Neurology, Internal Medicine or Psychiatry)
• Letter of recommendation from the applicant’s head of department or hospital management
• Letter of recommendation from national society or IASP chapter
Applications will be considered by a selection panel selected by the WFSA and Pain SA, and successful applicants will be informed before the end of September 2017. Successful applicants must confirm their intention to take up the scholarship within 2 days of notification. Failure to do so will result in the scholarship being offered to the next applicant.
If you have any questions please email Admin Officer, Giselle De Castro, at WFSA: firstname.lastname@example.org