Applications open: WFSA Baxter, WFSA Gradian & WFSA Diamedica Scholarships for All Africa Anaesthesia Congress, 20-24th November 2017, Abuja, Nigeria
Baxter, Gradian & Diamedica have generously provided sponsorship for young anaesthesiologists from Africa to attend the 6th All Africa Anaesthesia congress, 20 – 24th November in Abuja, Nigeria. The aim of the scholarship programme is to identify and develop future leaders in anaesthesiology.
WFSA-Baxter, WFSA-Gradian & WFSA-Diamedica Scholars will acquire new knowledge and gain many contacts and friends during the AAAC. The WFSA Africa Regional Section will generously be providing free registration to all scholars.
• Applicants must currently be working in Africa. Preference will be given to anaesthesiologists under 40.
• The application must be accompanied by a letter of recommendation from applicant's National Anaesthesiology Society.
• Preference will be given to applicants who will be presenting a paper or poster during the conference
• Preference will also be given to applicants who have completed training within the last 10 years and are working in government or teaching hospitals.
How to Apply:
• The deadline for applications is the 11th September 2017. In order to apply please use our online application system here to complete an application form and upload your two letters of recommendation and a copy of your passport.
• Applications will be considered by a panel of anaesthesiologists selected by the WFSA, and successful applicants will be informed before the end of September 2017.
• Successful applicants must confirm their intention to take up the scholarship within 2 days of notification. Failure to do so will result in the scholarship being offered to the next applicant.
• Applicants must be able to attend for the full duration of the congress.