Registration open for 1st ever SAFE-T Summit in 2018
The WFSA and the RSM are delighted to announce that the first ever SAFE-T (Safe Anaesthesia For Everybody - Today) Summit will take place on Friday 13th April 2018 at the Royal Society of Medicine (RSM), London. The event aims to advance the global patient safety agenda, and will bring together leading providers from the perioperative team to highlight the importance of working together to address the healthcare challenges identified by the Lancet Commission on Global Surgery. In partnership with related industry, governments and NGOs, this one day Summit will contribute to safer anaesthesia, surgical and obstetric care around the world.
World-renowned experts will open sessions with theme-setting presentations. Facilitated group discussions will develop recommendations and identify practical ways forward.
- Update the situation of surgical and anaesthesia safety and capacity
- Refine and define core metrics for measuring global surgical and anaesthesia safety and capacity
- Showcase partnership approaches with governments, NGOs, industry, and philanthropy organisations
- Learning and recommendations from the summit will be published and disseminated internationally as part of the WFSA's SAFE-T campaign.
Key speakers include:
- Dr Atul Gawande, Professor of Surgery, Harvard Medical School and General and Endocrine Surgeon, Brigham and Women's Hospital
- Dr David Whitaker, Consultant in Anaesthesia and Intensive Care at the Manchester Royal Infirmary, UK
- Dr John Meara, Professor of Surgery and Kletjian Professor of Global Surgery, Harvard Medical School
RSM/WFSA members from £40 - £140
Non-members from £60 - £170