Applications now open: Asian and Australasian Regional Section Fellowship - WFSA - Xijing Training Centre
On behalf of the AARS board, we are pleased to announce that the Fellowship training programme in Anaesthesiology will take place for the fourth consecutive year in 2018 in Xi’an, China. This will be held at the AARS-WFSA-Xijing Training Canter, which was established in March 2015 at the Xijing Hospital, the first affiliated hospital of Fourth Military Medical University in China. Selected candidates from the member societies of the Asian and Australasian Regional Section (AARS) of the WFSA will be able to attend the training course in September/October 2018. It is intended to offer 15 fellowships in 2018.
The fellowship is intended for anaesthesiologists working in low resource settings from the member societies of the AARS who are keen to:
1. Develop and improve knowledge in anaesthesia, medical and clinical management of patients
2. Reduce the incidence of anaesthesia related adverse events
3. Exchange and promote the application of advanced technologies
• Discipline construction and management
• Clinical advances and new technologies
• Updates to the latest guidelines
• Workshop simulations, demonstrations and practice for related skills
• Exposure to modern operation rooms
Shenzhen Mindray Bio-Medical Electronics Co. Ltd and Renfu Pharmaceuticals will provide funding to cover the costs, including local accommodation, meals, registration, insurance and round trip travel expenses on economy class for the selected participants.
• Should be a member of an AARS member society
• Application must be supported by the chief/ head of the department
• Endorsement of the application by an AARS member society
• Age below 40 years (birthdate after 31st December 1978)
Deadline for applications is 28th February 2018 and successful applicants will be notified by the end of March 2018.
Applicants must complete the Fellowship Application Form and email it along with the supporting documents (listed below) to Dr Kumudini Ranatunga (email@example.com), Secretary of AARS-WFSA.
Additional Documents Needed:
• Curriculum vitae with one recent photo and the names of two referees
• Reference letter from the applicant's member society
• Reference letter from the applicant's chief/head of department
• Copy of medical degree certificate
• Copy of medical license
• Priority will be given to those who have not received fellowships/grants from the AARS or WFSA before