Applications are now open for the WFSA - SAFE Anaesthesia Telangana Fellowships
As one of the WFSA’s Global Impact Partners, Masimo is working with the WFSA to deliver the SAFE Anaesthesia ASAP project in Telangana, India. Currently in Year 2 of a four-year project cycle, we aim to deliver a range of anaesthesia training courses, targeted CME opportunities and conduct a robust assessment of the anaesthesia capacity in Telangana to further enhance the impact and sustainability of interventions in subsequent years of the project.
In order to facilitate operations and lead the capacity assessment component of the project, we are recruiting three WFSA - SAFE Anaesthesia Fellows.
The Fellows will develop solid experience of data collection, monitoring and evaluation and co-ordination of public health projects. Additionally, the role will provide an opportunity to be involved with a pilot project and work alongside senior anaesthesiologists from India and from overseas to:
- Help assess anaesthesia capacity in Telangana
- Deliver targeted measures to enhance anaesthesia capacity in Telangana
- Evaluate training courses delivered as part of the project
Fellows will receive a stipend of up to $1200 to cover their costs and have access to all WFSA training delivered as part of the project in 2018.
Further information can be found in the Terms of Reference.
- The applicants must be an anaesthesiologist working in Telangana, India.
- This is a part-time role to be undertaken alongside the fellows’ regular work in anaesthesia. Fellows must be willing and able to commit to the workload, deliverables and reporting schedule of the post.
- Preference will be given to applicants who can exhibit knowledge of anaesthesia practice in Telangana and/or experience of being involved in data collection and research.
Applicants are required to submit:
- A copy of your CV
- A copy of their medical and specialist anaesthesia qualifications
- A completed application form which can be downloaded here
- A letter of recommendation from the Indian Society of Anaesthesiologists or the Telangana State Chapter of the ISA
- A letter of recommendation from their current place of work.
The application and all supporting documents must be sent by the 10th of March 2018. Applications will be considered by a panel of anaesthesiologists selected by the WFSA and The WFSA Secretariat. Successful applicants will be informed by the end of March 2018.