Applications Open: WFSA Pain Fellowship at Virinchi Hospitals, Hyderabad, India, 2018 – 2019
Applications are invited for two pain fellowship training positions at Virinchi Hospital, Hyderabad, India. The duration of training is 6 months. One fellowship will start on 1st July 2018 and the other will start on the 1st January 2019. The trainees will have an orientation month followed by five months of clinical responsibility.
The fellowship is intended for anaesthesiologists working in low resource settings in Asia or Africa who wish to develop knowledge and skills in the field of pain management.
Applicants should fit the following criteria:
- Must be supported in their application by their own national anaesthesiology society
- Must be supported in their application by the chief / head of their home department
- Must be returning to their home country to a recognised post
- Should preferably be working in a teaching hospital
Fellows will receive a stipend from Virinchi Hospital to cover accommodation and living expenses. The WFSA will provide funding to cover the cost of return travel from the fellow's home country to Hyderabad, India.
The successful applicants will be required to register with the Medical Council of India and obtain medical insurance covering the entire duration of the fellowship.
For more information, please contact the programme head, Dr Muralidhar Joshi (firstname.lastname@example.org).
How to apply:
The closing date for applications is the 31st March 2018. Applicants must complete an online application and upload the following documents:
- Curriculum vitae with one recent photo and the names of two referees
- Letter of recommendation from the applicant's national anaesthesiology society
- Letter of recommendation from the applicant's head of department or hospital management
- Copy of medical degree
- Copy of photograph page of passport
- Copy of specialist anaesthetic qualification