Applications now open: 2019 WFSA Paediatric Anaesthesia Fellowships with Children's Anaesthesia Services in Mumbai, India
Applications are invited for two fellowship positions at Children’s Anaesthesia Services, Mumbai, India. The duration of training is 6 months and the anticipated start date for both positions is 1st Feb 2019.
Children’s Anaesthesia Services (CAS), Mumbai is a group practice which provides paediatric anaesthesia care for a group of hospitals in Mumbai. CAS is run by three directors: Dr Vrushali Ponde (mainly affiliated to Surya Children’s Hospital, Holy Family Hospital, Holy Spirit Hospital and Hinduja Health Care Surgical Hospital), Dr Dilip Chavan (mainly affiliated to Jupiter Hospital and Institute of Paediatric Orthopaedic Surgery) and Dr Ankit Desai (affiliated to Astha Hospital and Breach Candy Hospital). Team CAS also consist of two consultants Dr Anuya Gursale and Dr Kiran Patel. We provide paediatric anesthesia service in all tiers of health care. Please see www.casmumbai.com for more information. CAS is equipped with the latest technology in terms of anaesthesia machines and monitors. Ultrasound machines and peripheral nerve stimulators are available for training in regional anaesthesia, venous cannulation etc.
The fellowships are intended for anaesthesiologists working in low resource settings in Asia or Africa who wish to develop knowledge and skills in the field of paediatric anaesthesia and paediatric regional anaesthesia.
Applicants should fit the following criteria:
• Must be supported in their application by their own national anaesthesiology society
• Must be supported in their application by the chief/head of their home department
• Must be returning to their home country to a recognized post
• Should preferably be working in a teaching hospital
• Preference will be given to younger anaesthesiologists working in Asia or Africa
Fellows will receive a stipend from Children’s Anaesthesia Services to cover accommodation and living expenses. The WFSA will provide funding to cover the cost of return travel from the fellow's home country to Mumbai, India.
The successful applicants will be required to register with the Medical Council of India and obtain medical insurance covering the duration of the fellowship.
How to apply:
The closing date for applications is the 21st April. The successful applicant will be notified before the end of May. Applicants must complete the online application form(click here) and provide all the documents listed at the end of the form:
• Curriculum vitae with one recent photo and the names of two referees
• Letter of recommendation from the applicant's national anaesthesiology society
• Letter of recommendation from the applicant's head of department or hospital management
• Copy of medical degree
• Copy of photograph page of passport
• Copy of specialist anaesthetic qualification
Successful applicants must confirm their intention to take up the scholarship within 2 days of notification. Failure to do so will result in the scholarship being offered to the next applicant.