Applications Open: WFSA - Baxter Scholarships for the 15th Asian Australasian Congress of Anaesthesiologists 2018, 1st-5th November, Beijing, China
Baxter Healthcare Ltd is generously providing sponsorship for a number of young anaesthesiologists from less affluent countries to attend the 15th Asian Australasian Congress of Anaesthesiologists 2018. The aim of the scholarship programme is to identify and develop future leaders in anaesthesiology. More information on the congress can be found here.
WFSA-Baxter Scholars will acquire new knowledge and gain many contacts and friends during the Asian Australasian Congress of Anaesthesiologists 2018. The WFSA-Baxter scholarship will cover flights, accommodation and registration for the conference.
• Preference will be given to younger anaesthesiologists working in Asia and Australasia.
• The application must be accompanied by a letter of recommendation from the applicant’s National Anaesthesiology Society and current hospital/place of employment.
• Preference will be given to applicants who will be presenting a paper or poster during the conference. The deadline for abstract submission is the 31st May 2018.
• Preference will also be given to applicants who have completed training within the last 10 years and are working in teaching hospitals.
How to Apply:
• The deadline for applications is the 15th June 2018. In order to apply please use our online application system here to complete an application form and upload your two letters of recommendation and a copy of your passport.
• Applications will be considered by a panel of anaesthesiologists selected by WFSA, and successful applicants will be informed before the end of June 2018.
• Successful applicants must confirm their intention to take up the scholarship within 2 days of notification. Failure to do so will result in the scholarship being offered to the next applicant.
Applications which have also been submitted to the Asian and Australasian Regional Section (AARS) Scholarship for this congress will not be taken into consideration. Please only apply to one of these opportunities.
Please note that a cancellation of the scholarship opportunity without due time or clear explanation results in a significant financial loss for the WFSA, any failure to attend will result in the WFSA writing directly to your national society.