Applications Open: WFSA-Baxter Scholarships for the 12th Pan Arab Congress of Anaesthesia, 27th-29th September 2018, Dubai
The WFSA is excited to announce the opportunity for young anaesthesiologists from low and middle income countries to attend the Pan Arab congress of Anaesthesia, Intensive Care and Pain Management on 27th-29th September in Dubai, thanks to the generous support of Baxter Healthcare Ltd. More information on the Pan Arab congress can be found here.
The WFSA-Baxter Scholarship programme has been developed to identify and develop future leaders in Anaesthesiology. Scholars will acquire new knowledge and gain many contacts and friends during the Pan Arab congress. The selected scholars will be invited to join WFSA-Baxter alumni network and will be encouraged to contribute to WFSA activities in the future.
• Preference will also be given to younger applicants who have completed training within the last 10 years and are working in teaching hospitals.
• Preference will be given to those working in low and middle income countries.
• The application must be accompanied by a letter of recommendation from the applicant's National Anaesthesiology Society.
• Preference will be given to applicants who present a paper or poster during the conference.
The scholarship will cover:
• Return airfares
• Accommodation in Dubai
• Conference registration
• All airfares and transit accommodation (if required) will be booked by WFSA travel consultants. Overland travel costs will be considered if cheaper or more convenient than airfares.
• The successful applicant is responsible for organising and paying for:
o Travel visas or other documentation
o Travel to and from the airport of departure
o Appropriate travel and health insurance
o All other costs, including income taxes or other fees
The scholar is required to submit a report, no later than one month after the conference. The report should include an outline of conference activities, comments on how the scholar benefited from the conference, how he/she intends to share new knowledge and how this knowledge will improve the practice of anaesthesiology in his/her home country. The report should also include a photo of the scholar with his/her poster.
• All applications must be submitted via the WFSA online application system here by the 31st August 2018
• Applications will be considered by a panel of anaesthesiologists selected by WFSA, and successful applicants will be informed by 10th September.
• Successful applicants must confirm their intention to take up the scholarship within 2 days of notification. Failure to do so will result in the scholarship being offered to the next applicant.
• Please include a letter of recommendation from your National Anaesthesiology Society and your Head of Department/Hospital Manager.