Applications Open: WFSA 2019 Intensive Care Fellowship at Christian Medical College in Vellore, India
Applications are invited for three training fellowship positions at the Christian Medical College in Vellore, India. The duration of all fellowships is 12 months with two beginning in August 2019 and the third starting in January 2020.
The fellowships are intended for anesthesiologists working in low resource settings who wish to develop their knowledge and skills in the field of intensive care medicine. Successful applicants must agree to return to their home country upon the completion of their fellowship.
Priority will be given to applicants from SAARC member countries, but applicants from other parts of Asia or further afield will also be considered.
Applicants should fit the following criteria:
• Must be supported in their application by their own national anaesthesiology society
• Must be supported in their application by the chief/head of their home department
• Must be returning to their home country to a recognized post
• Preferably be working at a teaching hospital.
The fellowship offers funding for tuition costs, accommodation and subsistence living expenses.
For more information, please contact the program head:
Dr Subramani Kandasamy
Surgical Intensive Care Unit
Christian Medical College Hospital
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply:
The closing date for applications is 25th November 2018. Successful applicants will be notified by the 5th January 2019.
In order to apply please use our online application system here to complete an application form and upload the following documents.
• Curriculum vitae with one recent photo and the names of two referees
• Letter of recommendation from the applicant's national anaesthesiology society
• Letter of recommendation from the applicant's head of department or hospital management
• Copy of medical degree
• Copy of photograph page of passport
• Copy of specialist anaesthetic qualification
• Copy of the current medical registration
Successful applicants must confirm their intention to take up the fellowship within 2 days of notification. Failure to do so will result in the fellowship being offered to the next applicant.