Application Deadline Extended: WFSA Baxter Scholarships for the 13th SAARC-AA Congress, Pakistan, 8th-10th March 2019
Baxter Healthcare Ltd is generously providing sponsorship for three young anaesthesiologists from less affluent countries to attend the 13th SAARC-AA Congress in Lahore, Pakistan. The congress will take place between the 8th and 10th March 2019. The aim of the scholarship programme is to identify and develop future leaders in anaesthesiology. WFSA-Baxter Scholars will acquire new knowledge and gain many contacts and friends during the SAARC-AA Congress.
• The applicant must be aged less than 40 years.
• The applicant should be working full time in an Asian country.
• This application is accompanied by a letter of recommendation from the applicant's National Anaesthesiology Society and a letter of recommendation from your hospital or department.
• The applicant must be able to present a poster during the conference.
• Preference will be given to applicants who have completed training within 10 years and are working in teaching hospitals.
The scholarship will cover:
• Return airfares & visa (if required)
• Transit accommodation (if required)
• Accommodation in Pakistan
• Conference registration & a small per diem
• All airfares and transit accommodation (if required) can be booked by the WFSA on your behalf. Overland travel costs will be considered if cheaper or more convenient than airfares. If you wish to book your own travel, you will need to check the cost with the WFSA before booking.
• Accommodation for the duration of the congress in Lahore will be booked by the WFSA
• The successful applicant is responsible for organising and paying for:
o Travel to and from the airport of departure
o Appropriate travel and health insurance
o All other costs, including income taxes or other fees
The scholar is required to submit a report, no later than one month after the conference. The report should include an outline of conference activities, comments on how the scholar benefited from the conference, how he/she intends to share new knowledge and how this knowledge will improve the practice of anaesthesiology in his/her home country. The report should also include a photo of the scholar with his/her poster.
• Please complete an online application form here by the 21st January 2019
• Applications will be considered by a panel of anaesthesiologists selected by WFSA, and successful applicants will be informed by mid February.