Applications open: WFSA Baxter Scholarships for Euroanaesthesia, 1st-3rd June 2019, Vienna
Baxter Healthcare Ltd is generously providing sponsorship for a number of young anaesthesiologists from less affluent countries to attend the 2019 European Anaesthesiology Congress. The aim of the scholarship programme is to identify and develop future leaders in anaesthesiology. More information on the congress can be found here.
WFSA-Baxter Scholars will acquire new knowledge and gain many contacts and friends during the Euroanaesthesia Congress in Vienna.
• Preference will be given to younger anaesthesiologists working in less affluent parts of Europe (Central and East Europe)
• The application must be accompanied by a letter of recommendation from the applicant's National Anaesthesiology Society as well as their workplace
• Preference will be given to applicants who will be presenting a paper or poster during the conference
• Preference will also be given to applicants who have completed training within the last 10 years and are working in teaching hospitals.
How to Apply:
• The deadline for applications is the 17th March 2019. In order to apply please use our online application system here to complete an application form and upload your two letters of recommendation and a copy of your passport
• Applications will be considered by a panel of anaesthesiologists selected by WFSA, and successful applicants will be informed in mid-April 2019
• Successful applicants must confirm their intention to take up the scholarship within 2 days of notification. Failure to do so will result in the scholarship being offered to the next applicant
Please note that a cancellation of the scholarship opportunity without due time or clear explanation results in a significant financial loss for the WFSA, any failure to attend will result in the WFSA writing directly to your national society.