Applications Deadline Extended: WFSA Regional Anaesthesia Clinical Attachment at KATH, Kumasi, Ghana 2019
Applications are invited for one 3-month Regional Anaesthesia clinical attachments at Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital (KATH) in Kumasi, Ghana. The attachments are intended to provide an introduction to the basic principles, techniques, limitations and complications of commonly used US-guided Regional Anaesthesia techniques.
The planned start dates of the fellowship is 15th June 2019.
KATH is situated in the Ashanti Region and is the second-largest hospital in Ghana. It has 1000 beds and is accredited for training by the West African College of Surgeons.
The attachment is intended for an African anaesthesiologist working in a low resource setting who would like an introduction to the practice of Regional Anaesthesia. Applicants must be eligible for medical registration in Ghana. Local anaesthesiologists, possibly supplemented by visiting clinicians, will provide clinical supervision and teaching.
Applicants should fit the following criteria:
• Must be supported in their application by their own national anaesthetic society
• Must be supported in their application by the chief/head of their home department
• Must be returning to their home country to a recognized post
• Preference will given to applicants under 40 years of age
• Should preferably be working in a teaching hospital
The WFSA will provide funding for travel, accommodation and subsistence living expenses.
For more information, please contact the Programme Head, Dr Akwasi Antwi-Kusi (firstname.lastname@example.org)
How to apply:
The deadline for applications is the 12th April 2019. In order to apply please use our online application system here to complete an application form and upload the following documents.
• Curriculum vitae with one recent photo and the names of two referees
• Letter of recommendation from the applicant’s national anaesthesiology society
• Letter of recommendation from the applicant’s head of department or hospital management
• Copy of medical degree
• Copy of specialist anaesthesiology qualification
• Copy of photograph page of Passport
Applications will be considered by a panel of anaesthesiologists selected by WFSA, and successful applicants will be informed before the end April 2019.
Successful applicants must confirm their intention to take up the scholarship within 2 days of notification. Failure to do so will result in the scholarship being offered to the next applicant.