Applications Open: 2020 WFSA Regional Anaesthesia Fellowship, Ganga Hospital, Coimbatore, India
Applications are invited for four fellowship training positions at Ganga Medical Centre & Hospital, Coimbatore, India.
The duration of training is 6 months. Two fellowships will start on the 1st January 2020 and two will start on the 1st July 2020.
Ganga Hospital (www.gangahospital.com) is a 475-bedded tertiary care referral centre for orthopaedic surgery, plastic and reconstructive surgery, spine and facio-maxillary surgery. It is a busy institution with 20 operating theatres.
The Department of Anaesthesiology specialises in practising and teaching regional anaesthesia. The department is equipped with peripheral nerve stimulators and twelve dedicated ultrasound machines for administering regional blocks. The trainees will have an orientation month followed by five months of clinical responsibility.
The fellowships are intended for anaesthesiologists working in low resource settings in Asia or Africa who wish to develop knowledge and skills in the field of regional anaesthesia and analgesia.
Applicants should fit the following criteria:
• Must be supported in their application by their own national anaesthesiology society
• Must be supported in their application by the chief / head of their home department
• Must be returning to their home country to a recognized post
• Should preferably be working in a teaching hospital
• Preference will be given to younger anaesthesiologists working in Asia or Africa
Fellows will receive a stipend from Ganga Hospital to cover accommodation and living expenses.
The WFSA will provide funding to cover the cost of return travel from the fellow's home country to Coimbatore, India.
The successful applicants will be required to register with the Medical Council of India and obtain medical insurance covering the duration of the fellowship.
For more information, please contact the programme head, Dr Balavenkat Subramanian (firstname.lastname@example.org).
How to apply:
The closing date for applications is 30th June 2019. Successful applicants will be notified by the start of July 2019.
Applicants must complete the Fellowship Application Form and provide all the documents listed at the end of the form:
• Curriculum vitae with one recent photo and the names of two referees
• Letter of recommendation from the applicant's national anaesthesiology society
• Letter of recommendation from the applicant's head of department or hospital management
• Copy of medical degree
• Copy of photograph page of passport
• Copy of specialist anaesthetic qualification
Please complete and online application form using the link below: