Applications Open: WFSA Cardiac Anaesthesia Fellowship at Narayana Institute of Cardiac Sciences (NICS), Bangalore, India, 2020
Applications are invited for two cardiac anaesthesia fellowship training positions at Narayana Institute of Cardiac Sciences (NICS), Bangalore, India.
The fellowships will start on 1 January 2020 and the duration of training is 12 months.
Narayana Institute of Cardiac Sciences (NICS) under the 'Narayana Health' brand, is one of the largest heart hospitals in the world. NICS is committed to providing affordable quality health care to the masses. In addition to provision of clinical services, NICS is actively involved in education and research and has trained several young physicians at post-graduate and post-doctoral level.
The fellowship is intended for anaesthesiologists working in low resource settings in Asia or Africa who wish to develop knowledge and skills in the field of cardiac anaesthesia.
Applicants should fit the following criteria:
• Must be supported in their application by their own national anaesthesiology society
• Must be supported in their application by the chief / head of their home department
• Must be returning to their home country to a recognized post
• Should preferably be working in a teaching hospital
Fellows will receive a stipend from NICS to cover accommodation and living expenses.
The WFSA will provide funding to cover the cost of return travel from the fellow's home country to Bangalore, India.
The successful applicants will be required to register with the Medical Council of India and obtain medical insurance covering the duration of the fellowship.
For more information, please contact the programme head, Dr Muralidhar Kanchi (firstname.lastname@example.org)
How to apply:
The deadline for applications is the 27th July 2019. In order to apply please use our online application system here to complete an application form and upload the following documents.
• Curriculum vitae with one recent photo and the names of two referees
• Letter of recommendation from the applicant's national anaesthesiology society
• Letter of recommendation from the applicant's head of department or hospital management
• Copy of medical degree
• Copy of photograph page of passport
• Copy of specialist anaesthetic qualification
Applications will be considered by a panel of anaesthesiologists selected by WFSA, and successful applicants will be informed before the end of August 2019.
Successful applicants must confirm their intention to take up the scholarship within 2 days of notification. Failure to do so will result in the scholarship being offered to the next applicant.