Applications Open: Paediatric Anaesthesia Fellowships at Christian Medical College, Vellore, Tamil Nadu, India, 2020
Applications are invited for two fellowship training positions in 2020 at Christian Medical College, Vellore.
Christian Medical College, Vellore (www.cmch-vellore.edu) is situated in Tamil Nadu, South India. It is a 2,400-bed, multi-specialty, tertiary care university teaching hospital, with all facilities under one roof.
The duration of each fellowship is 6 months. One will start on 1 March 2020, and the other will start on 1 September 2020.
The fellowships are intended for anaesthesiologists working in low resource settings who wish to develop knowledge and skills in the field of paediatric anaesthesia. Preference will be given to younger anaesthesiologists working in SAARC member countries but older applicants and applicants from other parts of Asia or further afield will also be considered. Applicants should be able to understand and communicate in the English language as this is the working language of the fellowship.
Applicants should fit the following criteria:
• Must be supported in their application by their own national anaesthesiology society
• Must be supported in their application by the chief / head of their home department
• Must be returning to their home country to a recognized post
• Should preferably be working in a teaching hospital
The fellowship offers funding for tuition costs, travel, accommodation and subsistence living expenses.
The successful applicant will be required to apply for temporary registration with the Medical Council of India during the training period and obtain medical insurance covering the duration of the fellowship.
For more information, please contact the programme head, Dr Ekta Rai:email@example.com
The closing date for applications is 30th November 2019. Successful applicants will be notified in mid-December.
Applicants must complete the online application form and provide all the documents listed at the end of the form:
• Curriculum vitae with one recent photo and the names of two referees
• Letter of recommendation from the applicant's national anaesthesiology society
• Letter of recommendation from the applicant's head of department or hospital management
• Copy of medical degree
• Copy of specialist anaesthetic qualification
• Copy of photograph page of passport
Successful applicants must confirm their intention to take up the scholarship within 2 days of notification. Failure to do so will result in the scholarship being offered to the next applicant.
If you have any questions please email WFSA Projects Officer, Dilly Hartley.