Applications open: 2020/2021 Intensive Care Fellowships at Christian Medical College, Vellore, India
Applications are invited for three training fellowship positions at the Christian Medical College in Vellore, India.
The duration of all fellowships is 12 months with two beginning in August 2020 and the third starting in January 2021.
The fellowships are intended for anesthesiologists working in low resource settings who wish to develop their knowledge and skills in the field of intensive care medicine. Successful applicants must agree to return to their home country upon the completion of their fellowship.
Priority will be given to applicants from SAARC member countries, but applicants from other parts of Asia or further afield will also be considered.
Applicants should fit the following criteria:
• Must be supported in their application by their own national anaesthesiology society
• Must be supported in their application by the chief/head of their home department
• Must be returning to their home country to a recognized post
• Preferably be working at a teaching hospital.
The fellowship offers funding for tuition costs, accommodation and subsistence living expenses.
For more information, please contact the programme head:
Dr Subramani Kandasamy
Surgical Intensive Care Unit
Christian Medical College Hospital
Application deadline - 6th December 2019. Successful applicants will be notified by mid-January 2019.
Applicants will require the following documents:
- Curriculum vitae with one recent photo and the names of two referees
- Letter of recommendation from the applicant's national anaesthesiology society
- Letter of recommendation from the applicant's head of department or hospital management
- Copy of medical degree
- Copy of photograph page of passport
- Copy of specialist anaesthetic qualification
- Copy of the current medical registration.
Successful applicants must confirm their intention to take up the fellowship within 2 days of notification. Failure to do so will result in the fellowship being offered to the next applicant.