WFSA Committee nominations 2020-2024
The WFSA is inviting applications for the following Committees:
- Obstetric Anaesthesia
- Paediatric Anaesthesia
- Pain Management
- Professional Wellbeing
- Safety and Quality of Practice
- Scientific Affairs
Prerequisites for Committee nomination:
- Demonstrable expertise in the Committee’s area of work
- Willingness and commitment to be active in furthering the aims of the Committee and the WFSA
- Ability to serve four years, with the possibility of a second four-year term
- Member in good standing with, and endorsed by, his/her National Member Society
- National Member Society in good standing with the WFSA
- Confirmed ability and willingness to attend Committee meetings at the World Congress of Anaesthesiologists 2020
Nomination and selection process:
- Nominations must be made online at the WFSA grants awards platform and must reach the WFSA office in London by 31 January 2020. No late nominations will be accepted.
- All individuals who wish to be considered for a Committee must complete an application, including those who wish to serve a second term.
- The WFSA Board will select a proposed list of Committee Members by 31 March 2020. This will be in consultation with current Committee Chairs and WFSA Council, and will take into account geographical balance.
- The early selection of Committee Members is designed to allow current and prospective members to make plans to attend the face-to-face meetings at the World Congress of Anaesthesiologists, and for prospective members to start participating in committee work to allow better coordination and handover of activities.
- The proposed list of new Committee Members is subject to final approval by the General Assembly at the World Congress of Anaesthesiologists.
- A completed online application.
- An abbreviated CV (no more than one A4 page).
- A passport style photograph (electronic jpeg version).
- A letter of endorsement from the applicant’s National Member Society stating why they consider the candidate qualified for this position.
Duties of Committee Members:
The overarching duties and responsibilities of Committee Members are outlined in the downloadable Constitution.
A more specific description of what is required of each Committee is shown here in downloadable Annex 1.