Paediatric Anaesthesia Fellowship at KK Women’s and Children’s Hospital, Singapore
Applications are invited for 1 fellowship training position in 2015 at KK Women's and Children's Hospital, Singapore. The intended start date is 1 May 2015 (dependent on registration with the Singapore Medical Council) and the duration of the fellowship is 12 months.
KK Women's and Children's Hospital (KKH) is the largest hospital specialising in healthcare for women and children in Singapore. The Department of Paediatric Anaesthesia has over 20 consultant anaesthetists and provides complete anaesthetic cover for all elective and emergency operations for children ranging in age from newborns to teenagers. Around 7000 paediatric operations are performed per year
The fellowship is intended for a young fully qualified anaesthesiologist working in a low resource setting, who wishes to improve knowledge and skills in the field of paediatric anaesthesia. Priority will be given to applicants from the Asian region but applications from further afield may be considered.
Applicants should fit the following criteria:
• Must be supported in their application by their own national anaesthetic society
• Must be supported in their application by the chief/ head of their home department
• Must be returning to their home country to a recognized post
• Must be eligible for registration by the Singapore Medical Council
• Should be under 40 years of age
• Should be working in a teaching hospital
The fellow will receive sponsorship from KKH and the WFSA to cover a return airfare, accommodation and living expenses. Funding will also be available to cover some educational expenses (e.g. books, attendance at an educational meeting).
For more information, please contact the programme head, Dr Josephine Tan (firstname.lastname@example.org).
How to apply:
The closing date for applications is 15 October 2014. Successful applicants will be notified before the end of October.
Applicants must complete the Fellowship Application Form and provide all the documents listed at the end of the form:
• Curriculum vitae with one recent photo and the names of two referees
• Letter of recommendation from the applicant's national anaesthetic society (or state chapter for Indian applicants)
• Letter of recommendation from the applicant's head of department or hospital management
• Copy of medical degree
• Copy of specialist anaesthetic qualification
Please send or email the form and documents to Renee Blij, Administrative Coordinator, WFSA: email@example.com
If scan/ email facilities are not available, documents can be posted to:
Renee Blij, Administrative Coordinator
World Federation of Societies of Anaesthesiologists
21 Portland Place
London W1B 1PY