Cardiac Anaesthesia or Regional Anaesthesia Fellowship at Rambam Health Care Campus, Haifa, Israel
Applications are invited for a fellowship training position in either Cardiac Anaesthesia or Regional Anaesthesia at Rambam Health Care Campus, Haifa, Israel. The expected start date is 1 May 2015, and the duration of the fellowship is 6 months.
Rambam Health Care Campus is a 1,000-bed academic tertiary referral hospital providing comprehensive medical care in all specialities to over 2 million residents in Northern Israel.
The Department of Anaesthesia provides care for a wide range of surgical heart procedures in both adults and children, including coronary artery bypass and valvular heart surgery, congenital heart disease and major vessel operations, and open and video-assisted thoracic and upper gastrointestinal surgery. The Department also provides anaesthesia for state of the art interventional catheter laboratory procedures such as valve implants, arrhythmia ablation and repair of paediatric cardiac anomalies.
Regional anaesthesia services include neuraxial and peripheral nerve blockade using ultrasound guided techniques, acute postoperative in-hospital and ambulatory pain management, and a chronic pain management clinic.
The fellowship is intended for a qualified anaesthesiologist working in a low resource setting who wishes to develop knowledge and skills in the field of either Cardiac Anaesthesia or Regional Anaesthesia. Priority will be given to applicants from African or Eastern European countries.
Applicants should fit the following criteria:
• Must be supported in their application by their own national anaesthetic society
• Must be supported in their application by the chief / head of their home department
• Must be returning to their home country to a recognized post
• Should be under 40 years of age
• Should be working in a teaching hospital
The fellowship offers funding for tuition costs, accommodation and subsistence living expenses.
For more information, please contact the programme head, Professor Yeshayahu (Shai) Katz firstname.lastname@example.org or visit their website
How to apply:
The closing date for applications is 15 October 2014. Successful applicants will be notified before the end of October.
Applicants must complete the Fellowship Application Form and provide all the documents listed at the end of the form:
• Curriculum vitae with one recent photo and the names of two referees
• Letter of recommendation from the applicant's national anaesthetic society (or state chapter for Indian applicants)
• Letter of recommendation from the applicant's head of department or hospital management
• Copy of medical degree
• Copy of specialist anaesthetic qualification
Please send or email the form and documents to Renee Blij, Administrative Coordinator, WFSA: email@example.com
If scan/ email facilities are not available, documents can be posted to:
Renee Blij, Administrative Coordinator
World Federation of Societies of Anaesthesiologists
21 Portland Place
London W1B 1PY