Applications now open: Asian and Australasian Regional Section Fellowship - WFSA - Xijing Training Centre
On behalf of the AARS board, we are pleased to announce that the Fellowship training program in Anaesthesiology will take place for the third consecutive year in 2017 in Xi’an, China. This will be held at the AARS-WFSA-Xijing Training Canter, which was established in March 2015 at the Xijing Hospital, the first affiliated hospital of Fourth Military Medical University in China.
Candidates will be selected from the member societies of the Asian and Australasian Regional Section (AARS) of the WFSA to attend the training courses in March and September 2017.
The fellowship is intended for anaesthesiologists working in low resource settings from member societies of the AARS who wish to:
1. Develop and improve knowledge in anesthesia, medical and clinical management of patients
2. Reduce the incidence of anesthesia related adverse events
3. Exchange and promote the application of advanced technologies
Details of the training programs:
• There will be two courses in the year of 2017, each lasting for 1 week. (including 2 days for transportation and 5 days of training )
• Candidates from member societies will be selected to attend the two courses in March and September 2017
• Discipline construction and management
• Clinical advances and new technologies
• Updates to the latest guidelines
• Workshop simulations, demonstrations and practice for related skills
• Operating room tours will be available to all
Shenzhen Mindray Bio-Medical Electronics Co. Ltd will provide funding to cover the costs, including local accommodation, meals, registration, insurance and round trip travel expenses on economy class for the selected participants.
• Should be a member of an AARS member society
• Application must be supported by the chief/ head of the department
• Endorsement of the application by an AARS member society
• Age below 40 years (birthdate after 31st December 1977)
Deadline for application is 1st December 2016. The selected applicant will be notified by the end of January 2017.
Applicants must complete the Fellowship Application Form
Additional Documents Needed
• Curriculum vitae with one recent photo and the names of two referees
• Reference letter from the applicant's member society
• Reference letter from the applicant's chief/head of department
• Copy of medical degree certificate
• Copy of medical license
• Priority will be given to those who have not received fellowships/grants from the AARS or WFSA before
Please email duly completed application form and the supporting documents to
Dr. Kumudini Ranatunga (email@example.com), Secretary of AARS-WFSA.