Applications now open: WFSA Fresenius Kabi Anaesthesia Innovation Awards 2018
The WFSA and Fresenius Kabi are delighted to invite applications for the second round of our innovation development awards programme which identifies and supports the development of innovations that have the potential to transform the field of anaesthesia and improve patient safety worldwide. The project is a three year project, with one award given per year until 2020.
Encouraging applications from around the world, the WFSA Fresenius Kabi Anaesthesia Innovation Awards will identify innovations in the field of anaesthesia which have the potential to benefit patients worldwide. Innovations can relate to anaesthesia, critical care or pain and be:
• A new product/device
• An IT innovation
• A new technique or solution to a problem
• An innovation in education or training in anaesthesiology
Successful awardees will be offered:
• A WFSA Innovation Mentor and Fresenius Kabi Business Mentor
• Input and feedback on their project from a panel of WFSA and Fresenius Kabi specialists
• A grant of up to $25,000 which must be spent on activities which will develop and help take the product or technology to a stage at which it is sufficiently developed to be brought to market or be attractive to follow-on funders or investors. Activities could include but are not limited to research consultancy, development of a prototype, small scale production, user testing, and marketing/business advice and will be determined in partnership with the WFSA Innovation Mentor.
• The opportunity to have a short promotional film made about their innovation
• An invitation to attend the WCA 2020 and contribute to the scientific programme
Eligibility of Applicants:
• Applications will only be accepted from individual anaesthesiologists who are nationals or residents of countries that have national or regional society membership of the WFSA. A full list can be found here. An anaesthesiologist is a qualified specialist physician who has completed a nationally recognised medical training programme in anaesthesiology.
• If the application is made on behalf of a group, please choose one member of the group who would lead or represent the group.
• In submitting your application, you confirm that you are eligible to do so. The WFSA may require you to provide proof that you are eligible to apply.
• There is a limit of one application per person.
• The WFSA reserves the right to disqualify you if you do not have the rights to the submission of the innovation.
• All applicants must have read and agreed to the Terms & Conditions of the award.
How to Apply:
Please complete your online application here. You will need to provide details of your innovation as well as the progress you have made so far and any further supporting information in regards to your innovation you would like to add.
Applicants will be assessed by a panel of judges led by the WFSA Scientific Affairs Committee, and successful applicants will be notified before the 15th of October.
The deadline for applications is the 31st August 2018.