Update in Anaesthesia
Download the latest edition - Volume 35
- Implementation of the WHO surgical safety checklist in a West African teaching hospital: a quality improvement initiative
- Postoperative pain management in Timor-Leste
- Comprehensive review of laryngospasm
- Perioperative myocardial ischaemia in non-cardiac surgery
- Saddle Block
- Erector spinae plane block
- Tranexamic acid
- Intrathecal tranexamic acid during spinal anaesthesia for caesarean delivery
- Ketamine: Recent evidence and current uses
- Complications associated with intraoperative use of irrigation fluid for endoscopic procedures
- Case report: Posterior Reversible Encephalopathy Syndrome (PRES)
- Letter: OxyContin - a tale of advertisement and addiction
- Letter: Sphenopalatine ganglion block - management of PDPH after caesarean section
Background on UIA
First published in 1922, Update in Anaesthesia is the official education journal of the WFSA. The journal aims to provide clear, concise and clinically-relevant overview articles for anaesthetists working with limited resources around the world.
The printed version of Update is sent free-of-charge to over 1500 English-speaking anaesthetists and is also translated into Russian, Mandarin, Spanish and French whenever possible. Update is available for download as a full edition or as individual articles (see the Virtual Library) and we hope that the availability of this resource will be broadened further with the development of this section of the WFSA website.
The WFSA would like to thank Baxter for their financial support of this publication.
WFSA are also dependent on the generosity of the WFSA Publications committee budget to fund our work and on the unpaid volunteers who give up their time to help produce the journal.