WFSA Paediatric Anaesthesia Fellowship: Mexico City, Mexico
Programme Head: Dr. Victor Edmundo Fuentes Garcia
Department of Anaesthesia and Algology, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico.
Number of Paediatric Anaesthesia Fellows in Nigeria per year: 2
Duration of each fellowship: 3 months
Starting month of each fellowship (if regular): February and May
What training is offered?
Perioperative Management in:
- Cardiovascular Anaesthesia (specifically in neonates with congenital cardiopaties)
- Anaesthesia for liver, cardio, and kidney transplant
- Anaesthesia for Tracheoplasty
- Anaesthesia for separation of conjoined twins
- Exit technique for Bochdaleck hernia neonates
- Anaesthesia for laparoscopic surgery in early child and paediatric patients
- Anaesthesia for bariatric paediatric patients
How is training assessed?
The Paediatric Anaesthesia Fellow will be assessed by Log Book review, attendance of educational sessions, clinical observation
Are there any specific admission criteria for applicants?
The programme is intended for fully qualified anaesthesiologists from the CLASA region.